Friday, August 27, 2010

Condensed thoughts

Yesterday I wrote a long and eloquent blog post... and it disappeared. So, here is the long and short of it - I am trying harder as a mom and a wife, finishing my deadlines on time as always and mourning the early death of a coworker and friend from breast cancer. My son, when finding out where ribs came from, refused to eat them and may well be on his way to becoming a vegetarian at age four. I've finished my fun job for Scholastic, but can't reveal it till October (which is too bad cause I am very proud of it). I am working on a whole new website for myself, as well as a very fun book for Fitzhenry and Whiteside and another book about Dinosaurs. My cousin had her beautiful baby girl. The summer is almost over and for the first time in my life I did not camp. Mostly due to the fact that our little girl was too little, but we ARE doing a canoe trip in September and I can't wait. Zaley is crawling, Mo is starting to read - albeit when he doesn't think he is. I have lived through my son's very first public tantrum and came out on top - not giving in AND remaining calm. I have also learned to save what I have written.

That's it. In a nutshell. Now I am off to bowl some zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment